|Manipulative 2: Parallelogram. Created with GeoGebra.||
Click on the blue points in manipulative 2 and drag them to change the figure. Click
on the checkboxes to see the respective properties demonstrated.
- The opposite angles of a parallelogram are
- The opposite sides of a parallelogram are congruent and parallel.
- The diagonals
- Each diagonal bisects the parallelogram into two congruent triangles.
- The sums of the angles of a parallelogram is 360° or 2π radians.
- A tesselation of a plane can be created using any parallelogram.
- The area of a parallelogram is A = bh where A is the area,
b is the base and h is the height.